dinsdag 11 mei 2010

the artist is present

live stream the artist is present

in the link above you can stream the performance of ' the artist is present' by Marina Abramovic in the museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City. I haven't seen much of it, but it seems she is sitting in a chair and as a visitor you can sit with her. There are people lining up too.


Now I don't know much about modern art or performance art, it never really attracted me much. But this show makes me curious about other work of Abramovic She seems to be very close to her audience, but I guess most performance artists are.  I looked up some pictures of her work and they are really nice. Maybe I should get into modern art more =)
8 lessons on emptiness with a happy end

this reminds me a bit of the art for arts sake movement from the fin the siecle in the late 1800s

and I even find this one a little intriguing, strangely..
I would love to go to the MoMA and see the exhibition. Last year I only went to the Gugenheim which had it's temporary exhibition about the architect of the building, it was interesting, but I just don't really have a thing for buildings..

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten