woensdag 7 april 2010

Nerd

Ever since one of my friends politely pointed me on the fact that if I weren't interested in fashion, I'd be a complete nerd. I've been thinking about it and he's probably right. 
Face it: I grew up playing nes. still know how to cheat my way into winning mario 3, spent a good time playing never winter nights, and reading books about vampires ghosts and other fantasy creatures.
I thought it would have worn of during the years, when I was younger I did look like I walked away out of a bad 80s nerd movie. (Hermione-like hair, funny colourful clothes like leggings with rainbow stripes and purple shoes) but when in high school I kinda grew over it : the hair sleeked down and fashion sense dripped in. So nobody ever made any comments on my maybe a bit weird interests.
 
But I still love my inner nerd, and after spending some time in New York City, I feel the entire world is embracing theirs! Just walk around in the city (more specifically the village or Brooklyn) for some time and see the geek glory!
 
Offcourse there is a wrong and a right for geeks too....
 www.fractalspin.com
 
 
Let's say this is wrong, although the guy in the left top corner probably has the most amazing grandma.
Now let's see some right:
 
 Adidas by Jeremy Scott
 
I'd love me some of these Hermes, messenger of the Gods, adidas sneakers. Greek mythology rules!
casio
 
Or the amaaaazing casio calculator watch!
 
 
Jean Charles de Castelbajac
 
and how amazing is this lego-print?
Point.
Made.
  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten